Chapter Three

 

 

On the third morning after setting up a routine-based nutritional plan (a mouthful, but he much preferred that to a ‘feeding schedule’), Giles woke up with a clear head.  There was no panic, no scent of rushing blood, no amber hues.  He smiled and rolled his head to his right – she was sleeping, not in a deep sleep…but asleep.  He watched her for a long moment and then leaned over and kissed her softly.

 

Her eyes fluttered open and she smiled at him.  “Hey…”

 

“Hey.”  He whispered back.  “Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you.  I just…wanted to kiss you before I got up.”

 

She yawned deeply and glanced at the clock.  “Feeling okay?”

 

“I am.”  He replied, placing a kiss on her shoulder.  “I won’t be long, love.”

 

“Can I come?”

 

He arched an eyebrow at her.  “To the kitchen?”

 

“Is that weird?”

 

“Absolutely.”  He said with a soft chuckle.  “Come on…”

 

He slid out of bed and stretched, then turned to look at her curiously when she hadn’t gotten out of bed as well.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Huh?”  She asked, then shook her head as she slipped out from under the covers.  “Sorry, I just kind of miss you sleeping naked.”

 

“I get too cold now.”  He said quietly, almost sadly. 

 

“Hence you becoming the blanket thief.”  She replied with a laugh. 

 

“You know…you could sleep naked, if you so choose.”

 

Her laughter grew as she followed him out of the room.  “I could, this is true.  However, it goes back to you being a blanket thief and it gets too cool at night.”

 

“We could turn the heating on…”  He answered with a grin.

 

“For the sole purpose of me sleeping naked?”

 

“You say that as if it’s a bad thing.”  He laughed, flipping the light switch on in the kitchen.  “I can get used to that.”

 

“Me sleeping naked or the heat being on?”

 

He opened the blood fridge and paused for just a second.  “Well, both of those, actually.  But, I was talking about turning a light on in the early morning and not worrying about the light causing intense pain.”

 

He pulled a mug out of the cupboard and looked at her pointedly.  When she shook her head no, he closed the cupboard and flicked the kettle on. 

 

“Since I’ve been on the nutrition plan, I’m not in full vampire mode first thing in the morning.  As such…no pain when I turn on the light.”

 

“Nutrition plan.”  She chuckled as she hopped up on the counter.

 

He shrugged a shoulder, watching her as she swung her feet slightly.  “Sounds much better than ‘feeding schedule’, don’t you think?”

 

“Mm-hm.”  She agreed.  “Your moods have evened out too.  I guess you were hangry.”

 

He rolled his eyes and poured the boiled water into the mug containing a pouch of blood.  “Americans and their colloquialisms.”

 

“You like our colloquialisms more than you let on.”

 

He shook his head, glancing at her lips.  “I like your colloquialisms.”

 

“Stop it.”  She murmured, watching as he pulled the warmed pouch from the mug and opened it.

 

“Stop what?” 

 

She hesitated as she watched him empty the contents into his mug.  He looked back at her as he took a sip.

 

“Stop what, love?”  He repeated.

 

“Saying things like that.  In that tone.”  She whispered, shifting her weight on the countertop.

 

“And which tone would that be?”  He asked, his eyes momentarily darkening with arousal before slipping towards the amber hue that held the same emotion.

 

“Oh, fuck…”  She gasped softly.

 

He placed the empty mug on the counter heavily before taking two large steps to stand in front of her.  “Tell me.”

 

“Huh?”

 

He grinned, his amber eyes shining brightly as he placed his hands on her knees and gently pushed her legs apart.  He pulled her closer to the edge of the counter and stepped in between her thighs.

 

“Which tone, Buffy?”

 

“Oh…um…” She slid her hands up his chest and smiled.  “That tone that says you want to be inside of me.  Like…now.”

 

“Ah…”  He licked his lips, quickly pulling three buttons free on her pajama top.  “That tone.  It’s a very accurate tone to use at this moment, though.  Because I do.  I do want to be inside of you right now.”

 

“Here…in the kitchen?”

 

“Right here.”  He murmured, pushing her top open but not removing it.  “Right bloody now.  Are you good with that?”

 

She nodded slowly, sliding her hands back down his torso to the waistband on his pajama pants.  “I think it’s safe to assume I am.”

 

“Oh, I don’t assume.”  He chuckled, bending down to place a soft, sucking kiss on the swell of her breast.  “You know this.”

 

“Giles…”  She gasped, curling her fingers into his waistband as he ran his tongue along her areola.  She had just pushed his pajama pants over his hips when he pulled her nipple into his mouth – his tongue cool against her skin as he suckled gently.  “Oh, fuck…”

 

He reached between them, guiding her hand to his cock.  He groaned against her skin when her fingers curled around the shaft.  And then she began to stroke him…and he lightly bit her nipple in response.  When she inhaled sharply, he immediately lifted his head to look into her eyes.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“Not if you stop.”  She replied, letting go of his erection long enough to slide the skimpy pair of shorts she was wearing off. 

 

He grinned as she dropped them to the floor, quickly removing his own pajama bottoms while she pushed his shirt up.  Within seconds he was bare in front of her, and the only thing she was wearing was her open pajama top.  When she reached for his cock again, he lightly batted her hand away.  Before she could question him, he dropped to his knees and placed a kiss on her inner thigh.

 

“Oh…”  She whispered, leaning back slightly as his hands caressed her thighs, her hips before he lovingly nuzzled her already damp curls. 

 

“I love how quickly you get so wet for me.”  He murmured, nearly inaudibly, before gently parting her lips and placing a soft kiss just below her clitoris. 

 

Before she could respond, his hands gripped her thighs and he looked up at her through amber eyes.  “I love you.”

 

“I love you.”  She replied, half a moment before his lips and tongue began tracing her folds.  “Oh, god…”

 

He watched her as he dipped his tongue into her, his eyes shining as she threw her head back and bit her bottom lip.  He held still for just a moment, tapping his left index finger against her skin to get her attention.  When she looked back down at him, he shot her a wink…and then dragged the flat of his tongue upwards until he reached her clit.  Her right hand moved to his head as he covered her clit with his mouth, sucking hard with the intent to bring her to orgasm quickly.

 

When her eyes began to flutter closed, he stopped abruptly…shaking his head slightly when her eyes snapped back to him.  She licked her lips and swallowed with some difficulty. 

 

“You…want me to watch…” 

 

He answered with a long, slow suck which caused her to curl her fingers into his hair. 

 

“Oh…oh, my…fuck, Ru…”  She moaned, struggling to keep her eyes open as she watched him continue.

 

Within seconds he was sucking harder, his fingers digging into her thighs as her nails scraped against his scalp.  He knew he could make her come like this…in just a few minutes, she’d cry out his name as she’d come.  But, that’s not what he wanted.  He wanted to bring her close…very close.  And then he wanted to be inside of her, fucking her as her orgasm hit. 

 

“Yes…”  She groaned, nodding quickly as she stared into his eyes. 

 

It was then that he realised that she had read his intention in his eyes.  He gave her another wink and then closed his own eyes and concentrated on her – her breathing, her moans, the quivers in her muscles, the way her hand was hold his head closer to her. 

 

“God…now, Giles.  Now!”  She cried out, releasing her hold on his hair.

 

He pushed himself up quickly, covering her mouth with his as she wrapped her fingers around his cock and guided him to her.  His tongue fucked her mouth, sliding along her tongue, as she curled her legs around his hips…pulling him into her warmth.  He groaned into her mouth as her heat seeped into his flesh.  Her hands gripped his back as she did her best to move with him, their current positions making movement more difficult than she was happy with. 

 

He pulled from the kiss and gazed into her glazed eyes.  “Alright?”

 

“Close.”  She murmured, lowering her eyes to his lips.  “So…fucking…close.”

 

“Do you want to come now?  Or…later?”

 

“Both.”  She answered without hesitation.  “Both, Giles.  Make me come, then…”

 

He gave her a nod, then moved his mouth to the side of her neck.  He carefully scraped his teeth over her skin before sucking hard.  When he felt her inner walls begin to quiver around him, he pulled back and smiled at her. 

 

“Come for me, love.”

 

“Don’t stop, Ru.  Don’t…”

 

He licked his lips, holding her hips as he increased his thrusts.  “Stopping isn’t even a thought…”

 

And then she let go of him, leaning back to change the angle.  He smiled and moved his left hand, letting his thumb brush over her clit as he pushed harder against her.  Her palm smacked flat against the countertop as she suddenly screamed his name and came hard around him. 

 

“Fuck, love…”  He groaned, rubbing her clit harder for a moment before easing his touch.

 

She trembled as he carefully pulled her to him, sliding his arms around her as he pulled her from the counter.  She rested her forehead against his shoulder, panting as she fought to catch her breath…his thick cock still embedded deeply within her. 

 

“Sofa or bed?”  He asked, nuzzling her hair. 

 

“The nearest place where we have room for us to fuck each other…because…god, I want to fuck you.” 

 

His fingers gently massaged the cheek of her ass as he traced the tip of her ear with his tongue.  “Mm…kitchen sex is fucking amazing, but…I must admit, I miss you having the ability to move against me…with me…with the same amount of – ”

 

“Fuck’s sake, Giles…stop talking and take me somewhere before I drop you right here on the floor.”

 

He chuckled softly.  “Yes, love.”

 

And then he shifted enough that his cock slipped from her, causing her to whimper.  He kissed her warmly and then carried her back to the bedroom – as quickly as he possibly could.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

Willow came by around lunchtime with a message from the Coven.  The Charter was nearly complete, just a couple of extra additions that Lottie had insisted on having added that needed Council Board approval.  That approval had been given – and the spells were being created.  Lottie had given her permission to tell Giles and Buffy about it. 

 

So she had – and now Giles was currently staring at her in disbelief, a bottle of beer in his hand.  Buffy’s eyes were wide and she glanced at Giles before tilting her head slightly at Willow.

 

“That can be done?”

 

“You’d be surprised at what Lottie can accomplish when she sets her mind to it.”  Giles said quietly before taking a sip of his beer.

 

“But…no one can hurt you within the boundaries of the Council?”  Buffy asked, shaking her head.  “How does that even work?”

 

“I’m sure I have no idea.  But, it’s smart – I’ll be physically unable to hurt anyone as well, I assume?”  He asked, turning his eyes to Willow.

 

Willow nodded with a bright grin.  “Yeah.  You’ll be the only vampire allowed to enter Council grounds, no one can hurt you, you can’t hurt anyone else.  The one exception is that you’ll be able to spar with Buffy for training exercises.  But…Buffy only.  So, if you’re needing to demonstrate something physical…it’ll have to be with Buffy.”

 

“Is this like a…chip thing?”  Buffy asked warily. 

 

“Well, no.”  Willow answered quickly.  “Because there’s no chip.  These are highly intricate and extremely complex spells to ensure everyone’s safety so that Giles can get back to work – because the Council kinda needs him there.”

 

Giles smiled and finished his beer, catching Buffy’s eye.  “This is a good thing, love.”

 

“Okay…”  She blew out a deep breath and smiled back at him.  “If you trust it…I’m with you.”

 

Giles pushed himself up from the sofa and gestured towards the kitchen with his empty bottle.  “Would either of you like anything while I’m up?”

 

He ignored Buffy’s grin as Willow asked if she could have a tea – because no one made tea quite like he could.

 

He chuckled as he walked between the two and then paused…his chuckle ending abruptly as he stared at Willow, then Buffy, then back to Willow. 

 

Willow looked at him curiously.  “What?”

 

“Oh, um…nothing.  Nothing, it was just…I thought I heard something.”  He plastered a smile on his face and then cleared his throat.  “Tea, yes…um, biscuits?”

 

“I know you’ve got a stash of Jaffa Cakes in there somewhere…”

 

He gave her a nod and then glanced back at Buffy, hesitating for just a moment before heading out of the room.

 

Buffy and Willow watched him and then Willow slowly turned back to Buffy. 

 

“What the hell was that?”

 

Buffy shook her head, still looking towards the direction Giles had just gone.  “I have no idea.  Weird though, huh?  Could be a vampire thing…”

 

“New feeding schedule teething issues?”

 

Buffy looked at Willow, arching her eyebrow.  “Nutritional plan.  And…teething issues?  Really?”

 

Willow grinned, causing Buffy to laugh. 




Chapter Four

Return to Fic Index